Camp Meeting Speakers and Subjects
- May - Confederate Remembrance Service at Peach Park Cemetery and Picnic Supper
2019 - April - Mr. Chris Mackowski - NPS Historian and Author - "The Battle of
- March - Mr. Chris Kolakowski - "Civil War to the World - The MacArthurs and Buckners"
2019 - February - Mr. Duff Porter - "Gosport
Navy Yard - A Major Naval Asset"
2019 - January - Mr. Tilgman Broaddus - "Edmund Ruffin"
2018 - December - Camp Christmas Supper
2018 - November - David Hastedt - "My Confederate Ancestors in the War Between
- October - Charles Wood - "Confederate Cavalryman 101"
2018 - September - Fred Chiesa - "Oakwood Cemetery"
2018 -August - David Meisky - "Extra Billy
Smith and the fall of the Confederacy"
2018 - July - Fred Taylor - "English imports to the Confederacy"
2018 - June - David Goetz - "Col. Mosby and the Lincoln Conspiracy"
2018 - May - Confederate Rememberance Service
and Picnic Supper
- April - Eric Wittenberg - "Battle of Brandy Station"
2018 - March - John Fox - "The Confederate Alamo - Fort Gregg, April 2, 1865"
2018 - February - Chris Kolakowski - "Battle
of Sone's River"
- January - Dr. Jonathan White "Dreams in the Civil War"
2017 - December - Camp Christmas Supper
2017 - November - Chris Bryce - Crossing the James River - June 1864
2017 - October - Bob Krick - The Seven Days
2017 - September
- Beth White - PTSD and the War for Southern Independence
2017 - August - Wallace Markert - Collecting and Selling Confederate Memorabila
2017 - July - David M. Goetz - Hell is being
a Republican in Virginia - The post war relationship between J.S. Mosby and President Ulysses S. Grant
2017 - June - John Fox - General Stuart's Finest
Hour: The 1862 Ride around McClellan
2017 - May - Confederate Remeberance Service, Peach Park Cemetary and Picnic Supper
2017 - April - Fred Taylor -Point Lookout POW
2017 - March -
Christopher Kolakowski - CSS Alabama
- February - Randolph Watkins - The Battle of the Crater
2017 - January - Fred Chiesa - Virginia Division S.C.V. Chaplain - The Formation of the Confederate Army
2016 - December - Camp Christmas Supper - Colonial Heritage
2016 - November
- Dr. Cheryl Davis - Songs our Southern Soldiers Sang
2016 - October - Dr. John Trammel: The Amazing Hunley
2016 - September - Frank Earnest - The return of Von
- August - Billie Earnest - Rev. William Mack
2016 - July - Mike Hendricks - The Richmond Clothing Bureau
2016 - May - Confederate Remembrance
Service, Cedar Grove Cemetery and Picnic at Compatriot Fred Boelts Farm
- April - Arthur Candenquist - The Centreville Military Railroad
2016 - March -
Read - Battle of Portland Harbor
2016 - February - Les Updike - West Virginia or western Virginia
2016 - January
- Fred D. Taylor - Our Southern Heritage in the 21st Century
2015 - December - Camp Christmas Supper - Hickory
Neck Church, 8300 Richmond Road, Toano, VA
2015 - November - Mr. John Archer - 'Jewish soldiers serving
2015 - October - Mr. Mike Hendricks - Interpreter & Historian - 'The Richmond Clothing
Bureau & the Manufacturing of Confederate Uniforms and Accoutrements'
2015 - September
- Mr. John Pelletier - Interpreter & Medical Historian - 'Medicine & Medical Officers in the WBTS'
2015 - August -
Ms. Teresa Roane - Archivist of the UDC - 'Confederate Flags'
2015 - June - Mr. Arthur Candenquist - Historian &
Researcher - 'The Great Train Robbery of 1861'
2015 - June - Dr. Anna Holloway – Historian - 'The Confederate
Navy in Hampton Roads'
2015 - May - Confederate Memorial/Remembrance Day Ceremony and Picnic Supper
2015 – April
- Mr. Eric Richards – Historian - 'Brigadier General Stand Waite’s War in the Trans-Mississippi'
2015 - March -
Mr. James G. Flanagan - Historian - 'The Battle of Kelly’s Ford, 17 March 1863'
2015 – March - Mr. John
Sharrett, III – 'The North-South Skirmish Association'
2015 – January - Ms. Billie Earnest - Historian - 'Colonel
Walter Taylor, Aide to General Robert Edward Lee'
2014 - December - Christmas Supper – Hickory Neck Church, 8300
Richmond Road, Toano, VA
2014 - November - Mr. Fred Chiesa - Historian ‘The Confederate Cruiser Florida’
2014 - October
- Chris Bryce - Chief of Interpretation, Petersburg National Battlefield
2014 - September - Bo Trawick - "Empire of the
Owls - Reflections of the North's War Against Southern Secession"
2014 - August - Ms. Theresa Roane – Historian
‘African-Americans in the Confederate Armies’
2014 - July - Ms. Heath Lee – Historian and Author ‘Winnie
Davis – Daughter of the Lost Cause’
2014 - June - Mr. Larry Floyd – Weapons Historian & Collector
‘Sidearms of Civil War Navies’
2014 - May - Confederate Memorial/Remembrance Day Ceremony and Picnic Supper
2014 - April -
Mr. Scott Williams - Historian ‘The Bermuda Hundred Campaign – 1864’
2014 - March - Mr. Robert Dunkerly
– Historian and Author The Confederate Surrender at Greensboro – The Final Days Of the Army of Tennessee, April
2014 - February - Mr. John Sharrett – Tom Smith Camp Compatriot ‘The Sesquicentennial
Celebration at Gettysburg’
2014 - January - Meeting Cancelled due to inclement weather
2013 - December - Camp Christmas Supper
Toano Women’s Club, 7965 Richmond Road, Toano, VA 23168
2013 - November - Mr. Les Updike – Compatriot with Longstreet
Camp ‘10 Reasons for Secession – 1 Reason for War’
2013 - October - Mr. Arthur Wingo
– NPS Chimborazo Guide ‘The Chimborazo Hospital Complex in Richmond 61-65’
2013 - September - Dr.
Mallory Read – Medical Doctor & Historian ‘Lincoln’s Lues – The Disease of Tyrants’
2013 - August -
Mrs. Marilyn Iglesias - First Person Presentation 'Captain Sally Tompkins & the Robertson Hospital'
2013 - July - Mrs.
Billie Earnest – Historical Speaker ‘Mr. Michael Miley – R. E. Lee’s Photographer’
2013 - June - Mr.
Robert Montague – ‘John C. Breckinridge – Kentuckian, Politician, Confederate General, and CSA Secretary
2013 - May - Confederate Memorial Day Service, Olive Branch Church and Picnic Supper
2013 - April -
Mr. Michael Moore – Author & Historian "Yorktown’s Civil War Siege: Drums Along the Warwick"
2013 - March -
Mr. Christopher McDaid – Archaeologist – Ft. Eustis ‘Archaeological work and discovery on the Warwick Line
around Mulberry Island & Fort Crafford’
2013 - February - Mr. Tim
Smith – Historian and Author "York County’s Brave Men of the Civil War"
- January - Mr. Mike Nusbaum – Historian "The return of the Captured CSA flags to their
States during President T. Roosevelt’s administration 1905-06"
2012 - December - Camp Christmas
Supper - Toano Women’s Club, 7965 Richmond Road, Toano, VA 23168
2012 - November - Mr. Robert Glazer - Williamsburg
area Civil War Re-enactor "The Battle of Williamsburg from a perspective of geography and the location of current recognizable
2012 - October - Mr. Jeff Toalson - Author - Unpublished stories from the letters of our ancestors from his
new book: "Mama, I Am Yet Still Alive."
2012 – September - Mr. Preston Nuttall - Author and Historian "The
Amish Rebel - The Story of a Midshipman at the Confederate Naval Academy"
– August - Mr. Norman G. Cooper - Colonel (R) U.S. Army - "Straw Hats, Gloves, Balloons, a Hankerchief and other
Humorous Anecdotes of the 1862 Peninsula Campaign"
2012- July - Mr. Bob Krick -Historian, NPS Richmond "Stonewall
Jackson and his travails during the Seven Days Campaign"
2012- June - Mr. Jerry White - Author &
Historian "The Dahlgren Raid in Richmond"
2012 - May - Confederate Remembrance
Day Service and Picnic Supper
2012 - April - Mr. Ken Harris - Author & Princess Anne SCV Compatriot "Princess
Anne County, Virginia: It's Contributions and Sacrifices in the War Between the States"
2012 - March - Ms. Robbie Smith - Historian,
NPS Yorktown "General Robert E. Lee at Chancellorsville & the 5 Principles of Effective Leadership"
2012 - February
- Mr. Ed Longacre - "Keystone Cops in Blue - The Hapless Army of the James"
2012 - January
- Mr. Waite Rawls - President & CEO - Museum of the Confederacy, "MOC, the new Appomattox Museum & the Sesquicentennial"
2011 - December
- Christmas Supper - Toano Women's Club
2011 - November
- Mrs. Jamie Radtke - Candidate for U.S. Senator - "Saving America - The Founder's Vision of a Constitutional Republic"
2011- October - LTC (R) David J. White - "The Economics of Coercion - Tariff, Duty & Taxing policies
in 1861" How changes in Federal and CSA tariff, duty, and taxing policies impacted Pres. Lincolns decision making in
April, 1861 and why he could not let the South go in peace"
2011 - September - CDR. Gerald C. Roxbury, U.S.N. Retired - "C.S.A. Naval Swords, Cutlasses, Dirks & Weaponry"
2011 - August - Mr. Marc Ramsey - Booktalk - "The 7th South Carolina Cavalry - Personalities
2011 – July
- Army of Northern Virginia Commander Frank Earnest - "First person portrayal of a politician giving a stump speech prior
to the 1861 elections"
2011 - June - Larry Floyd
- "Handguns of the WBTS"
2011 - May - Confederate
Remembrance Day Service and Picnic Supper
2011- April - Professor Sean Heuvel, Christopher Newport University, "Captain J.E.B. Stuart
II - One of the SCV Founders"
2011- March - Mr. John Pelletier, "The C.S.A. Hosptial System, Disease, Medicines and Treatments"
2011- February - Jack Marlar, SCV Field
Representative, "The Confederate Patent Office"
2011- January - Mr. William Molineux, "An incident at City Point - May 1862"
2010 - December- Christmas Supper,
Toano Women's Club
- November - Professor Sean Heuvel, Christopher Newport University, "The Old College Goes to War: The Civil War Service
of William and Mary Students, Faculty and Alumni"
2010 - October - Billie Earnest, "C.S.A. General Billy
- September- Frank Earnest, Army of Northern Virginia Commander, "Character Portrayal - Major Heros von Borcke, C.S.A.
of General J.E.B. Stuart's Staff"
2010 - August - Catherine Wright, Collections Manager, Museum of the Confederacy, Lee's Last Casualty: The Life and
Letters of Sgt. Robert W. Parker, Second Virginia Cavalry
2010 - July - R.W. Lee "Bob" Krick, Historian, Richmond National Battlefield
Park, "Drewry's Bluff - Gibraltar of the Confederacy"
2010 - June - Mr. Preston Nuttall, James Longstreet
Compatriot, "Dual on the Roanoke" - the story of the CSS Albemarle.
2010 - May - Confederate Memorial Day Service and picnic supper.
2010 - April - Fred Chiesa, Stonewall Camp
Compatriot, "Confederate Currency and Stamps"
2010 - March - Col. Richard L Weaver, USAF Ret.
- "Forensic Issues Relating to the Death, Identification & Burials of John Wilkes Booth"
2010 - February - Dan Beasley - Historical presentation on "Civil War Prisons."
- January - John Sharrett - Power point slide and historical presentation on "Confederate War Monuments in Richmond and
the surrounding area"
2009 - December - Christmas Supper - Camp Members displayed artifacts from the War Between the
2009 - November - Mike Hendricks - "Confederate Uniforms - The production and supply
of uniforms to the Army of Northern Virginia"
2009 - October
- Jack Marlar - SCV Field Representative presented a historical presentation on the "C.S.S. Submarine Hunley - Southern
Ingenuity & Engineering Advances."
2009 - September - Terry Thomann, Director of "Civil War Life - The Soldier's Museum" Fredericksburg, Virginia. Mr. Thomann presented
"Photography in the Civil War"
2009 - August - Jeff Toalson, Book Talk, "Send Me a Old Pair of Boots and Kiss My Little Girls"
- July - Henry Kidd, Book Talk, "Petersburg, War on the Doorsteps, an account of the "Battle of the Crater"
- June - Billie Earnest, Historical Presentation, General and Mrs. George E. Pickett
2009 - May - Confederate Memorial
Day Service and Picnic Supper
2009 - April - Final Convention Planning
2009 - March
- Carol K Dubbs, Book Talk, "Defend this Old Town", Battle of Williamsburg, May 5,1862
2009 - February - William
A. Dervishian, Book Talk,"White
House on the Pamunkey and the Peninsula Campaign in Virginia, 1862."
2009 - January - Harrison Taylor Historical Talk the "Waller
Family" in Williamsburg Area History
2008 - December - Gerald White Book Talk "The Rebel and the Rose"
the mystery of the lost CSA gold at the end of the war
2008 - November - Ken Chandler Historical Talk the Life of the Common Soldier
During the War a wide selection of vintage items used in the presentation
2008 - October - Beth Brown Book Talk "Haunted Battlefields - Virginia's Civil War Ghosts" a power point presentation
on paranormal activity
2008 - September - Bob Tuck Informative Talk N.S.S.A. - The North - South Skirmish Association Organization, membership,
re-enactments & demonstrations
2008 - August - Waite Rawls III - Informative Talk MOC - The Museum of the Confederacy future growth
& expansion plans for the museum
2008 - July - Brantley Knowles - Historical Talk The Civil War and Jamestown Island Discussed fortification
& occupations by both armies
2008 - June - Joe Lively - Heritage Talk & Book Talk "Notes of a Time Traveler, Our Forgotten Folk Heritage" Maintaining our Southern Heritage in changing
- April - Ashleigh Moody - Historical Talk The Battle of Old Men & Young Boys - Petersburg, Virginia desperate actions
in holding Petersburg on April 9, 1864